Welcome to Shepherd House Boarding Kennels
We are a small family run kennels established in 2005 offering the highest quality of care and individual attention to every dog in residence.
Our aim is to ensure that your dog enjoys a pleasant, safe and stress free stay. Owners can relax and enjoy their holidays knowing that their pet(s) will be having a great time too!
- We are open 12 months of the year.
- Viewing is welcomed and encouraged.
- Short and long term stays are available.
- Individual secure accommodation with heated sleeping quarters.
- Each kennel has a covered run.
- Large secure play and exercise areas.
- Collection and delivery service.
- Pricing is inclusive of food, bedding and insurance.
- A minimum of 3 walks every day in addition to playtime ‘let-outs’
- All dogs staying for a week or more will be bathed before home-time unless the owner prefers otherwise.
About the owners, Robin and Anita Claxton
Quite simply, we love dogs! We have always had a house full of our own (we currently have 2 Rottweilers, 3 Cocker Spaniels, a Springer Spaniel and a 3 legged Border Collie) and have had years of fun with them!
Owning dog boarding kennels had been a dream of ours for many years and when we managed to fulfil that dream we were pleasantly surprised by the available facilities at Shepherd House. Our aim was to find something that we would be happy to use for our own dogs if we were ever looking to use boarding kennels ourselves. Shepherd House ticked all the boxes!
Each time that we visited the kennels, the dogs were happy, content and importantly, because of the way that the kennel blocks are positioned, the dogs cannot see each other meaning that they are not constantly barking at each other. The accommodation was, and still is, second to none with more than enough space, both within the kennels and in the outside play areas for each dog to enjoy proper exercise.